The Annual MARKTPLATZ Fair will be held this Saturday, October 4th. from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Rain or Shine) at the church located at 51 Mountain Way, Morris Plains.
Activities at the fair will include:
- Rummage Sale (with many used books)
- Silent Auction
- Home-made Apple Pies
- Baked Goods
- Food Grill, Funnel Cakes, Hot Soups and Quiche
An Oktoberfest is planned from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, October 18, at Trinity Lutheran Church, 131 Mountain Way, Morris Plains. Authentic German food will be featured. Cost of $30 per adult, $25 per Senior (65+), kids $10, free will offering for children under 10. There will be a pumpkin patch and crafts for the children. For more information call 973-538-7606 or visit www.tlcmp.com.
The "Magic of Reading" class is for grades K-3 (or those reading at a third grade level or below).
The Rainbow Loom Club" is for grades 1 - 5. It is a mentored program that will assist children with patterning, following directions and fine motor skills.
For a safer, cleaner street, brush should be placed out for pick-up no earlier than 48 HOURS prior to scheduled pick-up date.
We ask your cooperation in making Brush Pick-up more efficient by observing the following guildlines:
- NO BRANCHES OR LIMBS MORE THAN 3 INCHES IN DIAMETER WILL BE PICKED UP. Only branches, limbs and logs that can be chipped will be collected.
- SMALL LIMBS AND TWIGS should be tied in 1-FOOT ROUND BUNDLES NO LONGER THAN 6 FEET.
- ALL BRANCHES, LIMBS OR LOGS should be no longer than 6 feet, neatly stacked, all in one direction. No more than 3 inhes in diameter is allowed. CHIPPER LIMITS.
- VINES AND PRICKER BUSHES must be tied in BUNDLES.
- STUMPS are to be free of DIRT AND DEBRIS.
- NO LEAVES OR GRASS CLIPPINGS are allowed with Brush Pick-Up.
- NO LUMBER, METAL, BUILDING MATERIAL OR FOREIGN DEBRIS are allowed.
The Annual Morris Plains Town-Wide Garage Sale will be held on the weekend of October 4th and 5th.
All residents wishing to hold a sale during the event must preregister.
Coinciding with the 350th birthday of the State of New Jersey, Morris Plains will be burying a new time capsule this year which is to be unearthed in the year 2064. The STP team needs your help to capture our community as it is now in 2014, so that the Morris Plains residents of the future will be able to see all the great things that we love about our town today. Select photo entries will be included in a photo booklet which will be placed in the capsule. To participate, please see the Photo Contest Flyer and Entry Form on the Borough website. The contest is open to all Borough residents age 8 and over, and the deadline for submissions is . Prizes will be awarded.
Grab your cameras, smartphones, tablets, etc., be creative, and share your favorite sites and scenes in Morris Plains!
9 AM - 12 Noon
Rain or shine
Call- 973-538-2599 for any further info
The October selection is "Still Life With Bread Crums" by Anna Quindlen.
Reserve the date! The Bonfire will be held on Saturday, October 25th. from 6:00PM to 9:00 PM at Community Park.
The parade will begin at 4:00 PM at Roberts Garden.
The Morris Plains Recreation Commission has announced their lineup of programs for the Fall season. With 13 different activities, there is certain to be something for everyone!!
Please click on the individual programs listed below to retrieve a flyer describing that particular program in detail. The final item on the list is the Registration Form required to enroll in any of the programs.
The Morris Plains Farmer's Market is now open for is 12th season.
The Market is open every Saturday (rain or shine) thru October 11, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the parking lot of the Merchant Block in town.
Activities at the Market this Saturday (September 27th. will include:
- The Morris Plains Farmers Market will host the Girl Scouts this Saturday, September 27th.
- Chef Christine will return to the Hoboken Farms booth offering samples of the famous Hoboken Farms Marinara sauce. Haven't tried it yet? You'll love it.
- It's the season for Pumpkin Pie - and Mara's Country Desserts has the best.
- Stock up on your wine, Polish kelbasi & stuffed cabbage, pickles, bread.
- Ort Farms has the crispy apples you love, fresh lima beans, eggplant, milk, eggs and cheese, as well as pumpkins, gourds, and mums.
The last day of the Farmers Market is Saturday, October 11th. Stock up now!
CONTENTS OF 50 YEAR OLD BOROUGH TIME CAPSULE UNEARTHED ON JUNE 28TH. NOW ON DISPLAY AT MORRIS PLAINS MUSEUM:
The contents of the Time Capsule, buried at Community Park in June, 1964 and opened on June 28, 2014, are now on display at the Morris Plains Museum. The Morris Plains Museum is open Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. or by special appointment (call 973-267-3303).