For safer, cleaner streets, brush should be placed out no earlier than 48 hours before scheduled pick-up date.
Please insure that any brush put curbside adheres to the following guidelines:
- No branches or limbs more than 3 inches in diameter
- Small limbs and twigs should be tied in 1 foot round bundles no longer than 6 feet.
- No branches or limbs should be longer than 6 feet nor greater than 3 inches in diameter (chipper limit)
- Vines and picker bushes must be tied in bundles
- Stumps must be free of dirt and debris.
- No leaves or grass clippings are allowed with BRUSH pick-up
- No lumber, Metal, Building Materials or Foreign Debris
- PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Please click on the links below for information on the individual classes. Links to the Registration Form and required Emergency Medical Information form are at the bottom of this list.
- Chair Yoga with Diane Tartaglia Flyer
- Cardio Boot Camp with Theresa Myers Flyer
- Boxing/Freestyle Bag with Stacey Williamson Flyer
- Yoga with Peg Clark Flyer
- Drawing Class with John Darvie Flyer
- Mommy & Me with April Molinare Flyer
- Pre Ballet & Tumbling with April Molinare Flyer
- Ballet & Jazz with April Molinare Flyer
- US Sports Institute Fall Tennis Flyer
- US Sports Institute First Play Lacrosse Flyer
- US Sports Institute Sports Squirts and T Ball Squirts Flyer
- Senior Exercise with Irene Phelan Flyer
- September Book Club with Charlot Lamm Flyer
- Yoga for Kids with Theresa Myers
Paper Shredding Event
At our Morris Plains Library
$5 per box donation (box size approx. 14"w x 18"l x 10"d)
Shred and dispose of important documents in a safeguarded and easy way!!
CLERK - CONSTRUCTION OFFICE
Borough of Morris Plains, Morris County
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit application to:
June R. Uhrin, RMC
Borough of Morris Plains
531 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Morris Plains Farmers Market
Every Saturday, June 13th - October 10th Rain or Shine
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Parking Lot - Merchant Block, next to Model RR Club building
Returning for its 13th season, the Morris Plains Farmers Market will be open each Saturday, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM through October 10th. Stop by and enjoy all our favourite vendors including Ort Farms, Hoboken Farms, Mara’s Country Desserts, Krakus Deli, Flying Alpaca Farms, and Pickles & Olives. Come meet our sponsors, Provident Bank.
FARMER'S MARKET NEWS FLASH:
The sweet corn is at its best. Don't miss it. Buy it by the ear or by the bag.
Also, from Brook Hollow Winery, their famous Cranberry Wine is in. Supply is limited so come early! Of course, their other delicious wines are also available.
This week we'll have blood pressure screening by Carolyn Garzone.
A "Clean Communities" section has been added to this website. It can be found in the upper left hand portion of this page under the "Organizations & Activities" section. This new section will contain information on the Morris Plains Clean Community Program that is called "Pick Up Morris Plains".
In Morris Plains, non-profit groups volunteer under a state funded mini-grant program to participate in special litter pickup days during the months of October and April. Currently, every street in the borough is covered at least once a year through this program. Mini-grants are available for groups and clubs that wish to participate.
Please visit the new section to find more information on how to curb litter responsibly in Morris Plains and find contact informtion if your organization is interested in participating.
Two Craft Fairs will be held this year at the Morris Plains Farmers market on the following dates
- Saturday, July 25th (rain date August 1st) Youth and Adult
- Saturday, Sept. 12th (rain date Sept. 19th) Youth and Adult.
To participate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Morris Plains resident,
- Create your own items (no resale of purchased items)
- Handcrafted items only
Every Tuesday morning at 10:30 AM, "Story Time With Jessica" is held at the Morris Plains Liabrary.
(Please Note: This program will continue all summer long !! )
All children ages 3 - 5 are welcome.
Please call the Library directly at (973) 538-2599 for more information.
MORRIS PLAINS SHADE TREE COMMISSION ASKS EVERYONE TO HELP IN PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF THE EMERALD ASH BORER (EAB)
The Emerald Ash Borer is a beetle that poses a threat to Ash trees in New Jersey. Millions of trees have been killed across the country by this pest.
For further information you may also visit the NJ Forestry Dept at: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/forest/community/Emerald_Ash_Borer.htm